FOR THE RECORD: The TrAmPoLinE has only been up for 2 days and the kid couldn't get enough, he begs all day to "juuuummmp, juuummp, juummp."
I still don't really know what happened. But according to Macy and the x-ray, Ezra tried to catch himself with his left hand after being BoUnCeD (probably too HIGH)....
And the result was this:
1 left arm with a "buckle" or greenstick fracture. Poor little guy has to wear a cast for 3 weeks...A non-waterproof cast to Rocky Point next weekend and a bright blue cast for family pictures the following weekend. Great timing.
I have a little feeling as the mother of 2 boys...1 who likes to think of himself as the GREAT wrestling "nacho" (Noah) and the other who likes to think of himself as "nacho's" GREATEST 6 year old opponent (that would be Ezra)..... that this will not be the last broken bone in the Baum Family.
So what do you do with an injured baby who continues to beg..."juummp, juummp, jump"?
This:
Teach him to BoUnCe with 1 arm.
And so it begins/continues in the lives of my little boys. They come into this world wanting to slay dragons, win every race, risk life and every limb attached, grow muscles as big as Dad's, and not even a broken, casted extremity is going to stop them. As their Mother I cringe, hold my breath, cover my eyes, and HOPE that they prove triumphant in ALL of life's battles and come home in 1 piece.
7 comments:
poor little dude! he seems to be in good spirits still!
i stole the picture idea from jessica walker. it's been fun, you should try it..
oh my gosh lindz, very well written. and of course those pictures, the colors, the clarity all of it is amazing. you have quite the talent my friend/sister.
I am heart broken about his arm, noah's tonsils, macy's straight hair dreams.
What am I not heart broken about these days?
Keep on postin!!
Lindsay, he sure has a good attitude about it huh? You have moms talent for writing. So Chaz and I are going camping now cause he got monday off so you should come up to mineral springs on monday!
Poor Ezra! So was the trampoline one of Jace's surprises for you? I remember a couple months when Tomina and you were over here, and we were talking about trampolines and all the broken bones we knew that had happened. Guess you need some to add to the list. :)
man those tramps used to be our best friends!!! of course kids are bound to lose a limb or two :) nice post...poor lil guy.
Oh no! How sad for such a little guy! Good for you for rolling with the punches! I'm no good at that myself, which is probably where Connor gets all his drama from. I kept meaning & forgetting to tell you thanks for the comment you left on my blog a while back about adoption. It was really nice, and I appreciate your insight and encouragement as someone who's stood on the other side of this process. Anyway, I hope your wild boys can settle down enough to keep themselves safe!
Our sweet Ezra! Darn it! I hope you survive with doing baths, Mexico, etc. Give him a kiss from all of us.
Post a Comment