Monday, March 24, 2008

Can I get an AMEN?

I should start by saying that being married is one of the hardest things I've ever done on most days...well OK....some days. Meeting and marrying Jace is still one of the best choices I've ever made. I thought life was going to be funner than crap. He is one funny guy and always looking for adventure. Well, as we have acquired children, houses, jobs, you know -responsibilities - I have become "less fun" and Jace is still having a ball where ever he goes. It's really not fair but one of his traits I admire. One such example of this happened on Saturday. With a home inspection happening on Monday, we knew that we had to pull the plug at the bottom of the pond, so we can show how the irrigation system works. Guess who gets volunteered? Well, it wasn't the one with a cast on his leg. The pond is cold, about 5 ft. deep, dirty, and did I mention cold? I slowly enter with wrench in hand. Takes me about 5 minutes to find the drain and then another 15 minutes to find that there is no way I'm strong enough to work off the cap. All the while, my teeth are chattering, I'm trying to keep my head above water, and Jace and Noah are sitting sideline watching. Noah kept asking Jace, "Why do you want Mom to drown?"....good question Noah. I'm yelling curse words and calling Jace names that should never be directed at that fine of a man. He just keeps saying, "We'll be laughing about this tonight." I marched out of the pond and marched inside...MAD. Jace had to hop back to the house, tape a garbage bag around the cast and dive in. He did get the cap off and we did both eventually stop shivering. And if you promise not to tell Jace....I have laughed about it but not that same night and not in front of him. Oh, the things I've done for that man. But maybe this why marriage is so important and essential to us all. Jace not only helps me grow with every new adventure but he teaches me things about myself that I might not have ever learned on my own. For instance, I'm not the gal to call to fix your pond and I might need to work on my bad language. But I also recognize that Jace sacrifices for my happiness on a daily basis. We are going to get this marriage thing figured out but HALLELUJAH we have an eternity to do it.

7 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

I'm sitting here all by myself laughing hard! I can picture that it my mind. We did marry farm boys! I would have never in a million years thought that I would have farm animals at my house that isn't suppose to have farm animals! What can I say....I fell in love with him and that came with it. We sure can't wait to see you all this weekend. I haven't told the girls yet because I would have to tell them every 2 minutes that it isn't today you have to wait till Saturday. I sure enjoy reading your blogs! See you soon.

Sarah said...

AMEN! Theres one for ya. Oh my gosh Lindsay, I can hardley stop laughing to type. You are such a good wife/soldier/marine biologist! Noah cracks me up too. You guys are really lucky.

Melis said...

This is hillarious! I can totally picture that happening. You are one great Woman!! I'll give you an AMEN!

Caitlin said...

Way to go Lindsay! Im glad you can think of it that way!

Couple of Hunt's said...

HAHAHA I think that there is something missing from this post....Well I won't go into detail Jace told us the "true" story at dinner last night!! HAHA But, your not the only one with a crazy husband!! Mine is the same way but WORSE when he is with yours!! AAAAHHHHH

Rustino Scar said...

HAHAHA. first off, it's been YEARS! second, I stalked my way onto your blog and haven't stopped laughing. My favs are the "sister ryan" story and then you in the pond. I can only imagine. I hate having to laugh about those things later that day. Third, your family is friggin cute. I hope you're all doing well!

Hallie said...

I'm so glad you started a blog Lindsey because I sure miss hearing all of the funny stuff you guys always have going on! You guys crack me up!