A two year old.

Ours celebrated his second year yesterday.

His name is Ezra.
He turns down the hot water temperature on the water heater every time he walks by, resulting in luke warm showers for the rest of us. He still loves to eat dog food. He hasn't learned to appreciate Noah like the rest of us. He will say "hi mom (or Mace, Noah, Dada)" over again and again until you greet him back. He still only likes his mother to get him out of the crib. He is learning to sleep with Noah at night. He loves to watch Peter Pan and walks around with loose trampoline springs pretending to be "Capoha" (captain hook). He didn't want to blow out his candles yesterday...it was great fun to just watch them burn. He can be found outside on most days, despite the frigid temperatures, with no shoes on, snot running down his nose, riding his bike.
Ezra was a beautiful baby. A big baby. 10 lbs. 2 oz. and 23" long. His mother deserved 2 medals that day. And his father still claims he could be a labor and delivery nurse after "participating" in his arrival.
Ezra taught me that motherhood is a full time job. There would no longer be time-outs or time to sit the bench for an inning. He taught me that while there would be no more time for projects, fancy meals, or a daily vacuum, I could be happy. I must forget myself and go to work. I am a wife and mother, first and foremost. And I love it. My third child taught me that. My third child is now officially a toddler and I will miss the days when he was only mine. Thank you Ezra for bringing our home the sound of your feet in the morning, whispers of "I love you the most", and joy everyday.
That is why every home needs a two year old.
P.S. If you are lucky enough to own or acquire a two year old - Leave him home when you go to church, no one needs a 2 year old in sacrament meeting. Trust me.

His name is Ezra.
He turns down the hot water temperature on the water heater every time he walks by, resulting in luke warm showers for the rest of us. He still loves to eat dog food. He hasn't learned to appreciate Noah like the rest of us. He will say "hi mom (or Mace, Noah, Dada)" over again and again until you greet him back. He still only likes his mother to get him out of the crib. He is learning to sleep with Noah at night. He loves to watch Peter Pan and walks around with loose trampoline springs pretending to be "Capoha" (captain hook). He didn't want to blow out his candles yesterday...it was great fun to just watch them burn. He can be found outside on most days, despite the frigid temperatures, with no shoes on, snot running down his nose, riding his bike.
Ezra was a beautiful baby. A big baby. 10 lbs. 2 oz. and 23" long. His mother deserved 2 medals that day. And his father still claims he could be a labor and delivery nurse after "participating" in his arrival.
Ezra taught me that motherhood is a full time job. There would no longer be time-outs or time to sit the bench for an inning. He taught me that while there would be no more time for projects, fancy meals, or a daily vacuum, I could be happy. I must forget myself and go to work. I am a wife and mother, first and foremost. And I love it. My third child taught me that. My third child is now officially a toddler and I will miss the days when he was only mine. Thank you Ezra for bringing our home the sound of your feet in the morning, whispers of "I love you the most", and joy everyday. That is why every home needs a two year old.
P.S. If you are lucky enough to own or acquire a two year old - Leave him home when you go to church, no one needs a 2 year old in sacrament meeting. Trust me.
11 comments:
Cute post! HAHA I don't think they need an 18 month old at church either so I feel you there.
Heck, or a one year old at church for that matter! I left Elli home with Alex yesterday and I actually heard the talks! -note to self- leave Alex and Elli home every sunday!
Ezra is such a handsome little guy! I sure miss seeing him in the foyer at church :)
Oh yeah and I just got your comment and I would LOVE to take pictures of you guys! I am going to plan a couple trips a year to Utah for photo shoots because I have more clients there then here at times. It would be the perfect excuse for me to see you guys...although I really don't need an excuse.
You are so good at blogging cute things!! Tell Jace..until he has a 10 pound baby..no way he could qualify;)
I AGREE no 2 year old should ever go to sacrament meeting...what a nightmare...I leave in tears with mine..UGH!
THANKS! The other 2 Tim fought were professionals and the instructors. Tell Jace Tim got some good hits in too;) Tim LOVES it and does not miss plumbing at all...it has been a long haul and a huge leap of faith! I think we can see the light at the end of the Tunnel!
Hope all your new adventures work out for you guys too!
Okay, since I told you today that I would leave a comment - here it is -
Ezra is so cute! The one with him and his candle looks exactly like you - it's kinda freaky. I have a 2 year old too! He is the light of my life and we purposely sent Daddy and Bree to church without us yesterday :)
PS - Tell Jace I said hello!
Lindsay, I love love that little guy. He was sure cute watching his candles burn the other night and we are still talking about that movie. I hope I can learn all those things on my second one:) You are so smart, I also think that everyone needs a two year old but not at church or a three year old for that matter.
He has to be the cutest 2 year old Baum ever! He would fit in perfect with his Uncle Treg at church!hehe What a horrible Auntie he has, I don't even have his b-day wrote down. Sorry Ezra. Give him big hugs and kisses from all of US!
Are you with out a husband already? Let me know if you need a brake and send those sweet kids down to the beautiful weather.
Lindz-
1. you do deserve a medal for that delivery.
2. your two year old is beautiful. how come you never put him in the gap ad?
3. besides his looks, he so darn sweet
4. i could squeeze on him all day if he would let me, talk to noah if he would talk back, and listen to macy tell me about her busy life.
you got some really cute kids. i hope that little guy had a good birthday.
Lindz-
For your header are you thinking like super hero, star wars, robots, tell me what you are thinking and I would love to find something, in the mean time I will search around and see what I come up with.
If you are serious about Utah this weekend I would love to, maybe have Jace call Eric and invite him. But only if you are serious:)
Let me know about your header.
I remember that Bro. Hof is from Vernal and he seemed to love it there. It would be cool get together. I just found out that Nikki Nicholaus lives in Provo, so we're planning on setting up a Show Low reunion sometime with them and the George Parker family, who lives closeby. Good luck with the move.
Post a Comment